Permanent Costmetic After Care Advice
Proper care following your procedure is necessary to achieve the best results. Keep in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of colour is to be expected. This is the purpose of the re-touch visit. Please review the following directions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
For the first day
- Ice packs protected with a cloth may be applied as necessary to reduce swelling.
You may experience the following for 72 hours
- Dryness and itchiness in the treated area.
- Swelling and redness.
Daily Care to follow for at least one week until your procedure has fully healed
- Always wash your hands before applying the after care healing balm. Apply a minimum of 3 times daily, using a cotton bud
- Prevent cross-contamination of your healing balm by using a clean cotton bud for each application.
- We recommend you use a gentle facial cleanser to clean the face during the healing period.
- Keep hair away from the treated site to prevent any infection.
- Some itching is normal. DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR SCRATCH the treated area or the colour may heal unevenly and you risk scarring and infection. Allow the wound to flake on its own.
- No makeup should be applied for 72 hours after the procedure.
- If you have had permanent eyeliner a new mascara must be used after this 72 hour period.
- Do not expose the healing skin to direct sun, tanning beds, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools, direct shower spray, hot water, skin creams or